Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thirty before 30


It's official, in just over 17 months, I'm turning 30. That's right, 30 years of prickles and pearls under my belt. 

Now while I'm not having any particular kind of crisis about turning 30, it's just a mark of a decade and seems to be as good a point as any to assess things. 

In my last post, I wrote about the idea of actually making a plan to acheive the things in life that I want to acheive, instead of just letting them fall by the wayside and waking up at 45 crying like Kate Winslet in The Holiday 'I hate my horrible life'.

And thus, the Thirty before 30 list was born.  Really it's just motivation to achieve a few goals, do a few awesome things and have a bit of fun recounting them in this space.

There are several things I figured I'd do before 30 that I've already done - those include: travel to Europe, travel somewhere solo, see the Eifel Tower, buy a home, get a full time job, start a blog, learn to make sushi, experience great love, experience great lovers, learn how to crochet, see a show in London and many more. So these are 30 new things, achievable in 17 months.

1. Master the fine art of poaching an egg.
2. See snow and have a snow fight.
3. Run a half marathon.
4. Have a short story published.
5. Write the first draft of my first novel.
6. Drink some beautiful French champagne.
7. Knit a blanket.
8. Learn to play the ukulele.
9. Travel to New York.
10. Dance with the queen of New Orleans.
11. Grow a fruit/vegetable other than chilli.
12. Refurbish a piece of furniture.
13. Dine in a five star restaurant overseas.
14. Do a trek.
15. Learn to make pasta.
16. Achieve a flat stomach.
17. Start my own small business.
18. Visit Tasmania.
19. Get back onto a stage.
20. Dine at a French restaurant.
21. Paint our bedroom.
22. Go skiing in Canada.
23. Take a scenic flight somewhere majestic.
24. Go ice skating in New York City... outside... on an actual rink!
25. Learn how to make bread.
26. Go bungee jumping or sky diving or something ridiculously thrill seeking of that variety. 
27. Get a tattoo.
28. See a Broadway show - on Broadway!
29. Learn to reverse park.
30. Pay off my credit card and then keep it in a drawer for emergencies only.

Do you have a 30 before 30 list? What do you want to do before you turn 30?

No comments:

Post a Comment